What job pays well? What are the jobs that offer the best salaries with or without a diploma? Here are some questions that intrigue many French people. After discovering the jobs that guarantee a salary of more than €100,000, Business Cool paints a portrait of these jobs that pay well.
When you enter working life, you always want to find a job that pays well, get the best salary and that’s normal! The objective is to enhance its know-how, but also the added value that we bring to a company.
So you ask yourself the question: what job pays well and offers the best salary? We have unearthed the best paid professions according to your diploma or your original training, but also the sector of activity.
Job that pays well: THE job that offers the best salary
No, President of the Republic is not the function that will guarantee you the best salary. The job that pays well, that offers the best salary does not really exist. Why ? Because it depends on your company, your working environment quite simply.
Indeed, the profession of influencer can bring in a better salary than that of CEO. The CEO of a startup receives much less than the HRD or the CIO of a large group like Apple. A self-employed craftsman can also advertise a profession that pays well, if he is successful. It’s all a matter of perspective. However, some jobs pay much better than others.
Jobs that pay well without a degree
What job pays well when you don’t have a degree? Several manual professions are available to you, if you wish to have a job that offers attractive remuneration. Of course, it depends on the efforts you make to succeed in obtaining and retaining customers. However, it is important to note that, to accelerate your professional success, always hope for a better salary or progress in your career, it is better to complete a short training course.
Among the professions that pay well without a diploma, we find bartender, truck driver, baker, drone pilot, cash courier or crane operator. Why are these perfect examples of jobs that pay well? Quite simply, because these are so-called tension professions. Indeed, companies are struggling to find truck drivers and are ready to put their hands in the wallet to attract them.
Another job that pays well without a diploma is the job of plumber. Overall, more manual professions are rather remunerative. This is particularly the case of the locksmith as well. These two professions can offer a salary close to the minimum wage , as well as a remuneration that can reach or even exceed €5,000 or €6,000.
Nevertheless, to succeed in developing your activity as a plumber or locksmith, it is recommended to pass a professional baccalaureate, a patent or training dedicated to these subjects. In addition, the profession of plumber pays much better in Paris than in the region, since demand is greater.
It is important to note that other trades such as a train driver can be interesting. Here, the starting salary can be as high as €2,000 per month, while a truck driver earns an average of €32,000 per year. These trades that pay well can therefore be a lead for you.
Top 3 jobs that pay well without a degree
Without further ado, here are our lists of job ideas that pay well without a degree.
- Real estate agent: in this position, your mission will be to manage the sale, purchase or rental of various goods and properties. You will start by prospecting and looking for real estate by going around the cities distributing flyers or using the phoning technique. Once you find the property for sale or rent, you will have to set a price in agreement with the owner. Salary that a real estate agent can expect to receive: between €1,500 and €4,000 gross per month.
- Truck driver: If you are lonely and having a superior or an n+1 does not excite you, the profession of driver is what you need. You don’t need to do 10 studies to get there. As a mission, you will have to walk the roads to transport goods in France or abroad. At the start of your career, the salary is around €1,700 per month and can reach up to €3,000 excluding bonuses with years of experience.
- VTC driver: if the profession of heavy goods vehicle driver does not tempt you but you like to drive, it is then preferable that you turn to the profession of VTC driver (Touring Vehicle with Driver). You will then be in charge of transporting passengers in the most pleasant way possible. Customers are generally individuals and will call on you for their business or personal travel. Regarding the salary, there are strong disparities depending on the geographical areas where you will work: some barely touch the SMIC when others can earn up to 3000 € per month.
Professions that pay well after short training or retraining
Are you in the middle of a career change and have decided to follow a short training course to change your career or your life? You ask what job that pays well you can go for? Several possibilities are available to you. In general, after a short training, you can opt for a rather manual trade: pastry chef, baker, plumber, locksmith. You can also orient yourself towards a support function.
Among the professions that pay well after a short training, we find functions such as business developer , web developer or even community manager. In these professions, the salary necessarily depends on the size of the company. A very good community manager is hard to find and companies are snapping up these young people who have mastered the codes of social networks. The web developer can hope to receive, at a minimum, a salary of €35,000 per year, in a small structure . This job pays well since a junior can expect a salary of up to €47,000 per year. Finally, the salary of the business developer includes a significant part of variable. The latter can even double.
Profession that pays well: Other professions that offer good salaries
Of course, it’s easier to find a job that pays well when you have a master’s degree or higher. Thus, it is recommended to continue your studies and even to opt for an MSc which offers good prospects for the future. These courses offer specialization in growth sectors and professions. Studying is betting on your future. It can be long and cumbersome, but it’s really the guarantee of doing a job that pays well and that you love.
Professions that pay well in health and medical
Unsurprisingly, healthcare professions are extremely high paying. A general practitioner earns an average of €5,700 net per month. Specialists, on the other hand, have much higher salaries. Here is the salary of some professions that pay well in the world of health:
- Cardiologist: up to €9,000 per month
- Surgeon: up to €11,500 per month
- Dentist: up to €7,500 per month
- Dermatologist: up to €7,000 per month
- Ophthalmologist: up to €10,000 per month
- ENT: up to €9,000 per month
- Pediatrician: up to €13,000 per month
- Psychiatrist: up to €7,000 per month
- Veterinarian: up to €6,500 per month
Jobs that pay well in Tech
Tech jobs are on the rise. It must be said that the technological transition is well underway in companies, regardless of their sector of activity. What job pays well in the world of Tech? Unsurprisingly, data jobs are popular and in high demand. Companies lack data scientists and data analysts. A data scientist, at the start of his career, can earn up to €47,000 per year . In the United States, his salary can climb to more than $100,000 a year.
Here you will find some careers in the world of Tech that pay well:
- Network administrator: up to €3,500 per month
- CTO (Chief Technology Officer): up to €12,000 per month
- Data Analyst: up to €5,000 per month
- Back-end developer: up to €4,000 per month
- Front-end developer: up to €4,000 per month
- Full stack developer: up to €5,000 per month (early career)
- Product owner : up to €4,000 per month (at the start of the career)
- UI Designer: up to €4,000 per month
- UX Designer: up to €4,500 per month
Read also: The average and median salary of engineers in France in 2022
Jobs that pay well in finance
Unsurprisingly, the finance sector is one of the most profitable. It must be said that some jobs have their share of risks and stress. This is why these functions are part of this top job that pays well. You may have already read about crazy private equity salaries. In this universe, some receive remuneration in excess of 2 million euros!
Find the salary of some jobs that pay well in finance:
- Financial analyst: up to €10,000 per month
- Associate in Private Equity: up to €10,000 per month (at the start of your career)
- Management controller: up to €4,500 per month
- DAF (administrative or financial director) or CFO: up to €12,500 per month
- Accountant: up to €9,000 per month
- Wealth manager: up to €3,000 (at start of career)
- Risk Manager: up to €6,000 per month
A profession that pays well: what about auditing and finance?
Again, you will not be surprised to know that the audit and finance professions pay off a lot. What job pays well in this world? It should be noted here that this depends on the seniority of the profiles, but also of the firms. Directors and Partners are necessarily better paid than young entrants.
Here are some well-paying professions in the world of auditing and finance, as well as the associated salaries:
- Financial auditor: up to €3,500 per month (at the start of your career)
- Consulting (beginning of career): up to €5,000 per month
- Consulting (after 3-4 years of experience): up to €11,000 per month
- Consulting (Partners and Managing Directors): up to €50,000 per month