Twenty-nine years later … It was snowing that day. I remember it. January 20, 1993 , Audrey Hepburn died in Switzerland . She was 63 years old … In Milan it was snowing and to myself, having heard the news, Sciarada came to mind. Watch her below, in the trailer for that gorgeous sophisticated comedy-thriller, with her and Cary Grant…
At the beginning of the film, Audrey is in the mountains. She is dressed as if she were going to a fashion show in the snow, very elegant as only she knew how to be. I think it’s the most fashionable high-flying film scene ever. More than those with Claudia Cardinale princess in the Dolomites, inThe Pink Panther …
Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany’s and more: unforgettable
Audrey Hepburn is still the most imitated, collected , cloned … New documentaries and new films about her, children, career and loves are on the agenda. Hollywood, Fashion, Beauty . Bloggers & influencers enhance it by posting it anywhere and anytime. Maybe without knowing that the first real influencer was her . With the little black dress from Breakfast at Tiffany ‘s . With the pixie cut from Roman Holiday . With My Fair Lady bangs . With the Cinderella dancers in Paris . With whatever Givenchy she wore, from Sabrina ‘son…
The fake Audrey: the clones of yesterday and today
Even then they tried to clone it. Elsa Martinelli was really launched as our Audrey Hepburn. Physically we were there, but like all icons Audrey Hepburn she was / is she unique. How do you replicate it? Not even those from Blade Runner would have made it … More recently it was Rooney Mara’s turn. In fact, the delicacy of the features, the colors and the innate elegance are there, and in fact Luca Guadagnino has chosen her for his next biopic on the diva. But Audrey remains unique.
A life like Audrey Hepburn: children, husbands, loves, thinness
Audrey Hepburn was born Audrey Kathleen Ruston on May 4, 1929 in Brussels , the daughter of an aristocrat and a diplomat (sophisticated are born). She was so thin because, due to the war and divorce of her parents, she hadn’t eaten anything from her little girl. She dreamed of being a dancer. She will dance, acting, her whole life.
She lived in Amsterdam, London, New York, Hollywood, Paris, Rome… She had two husbands: Hollywood star Mel Ferrer. And the Italian doctor Andrea Dotti. She had two children : Sean Ferrer, born in 1960, and Luca Dotti, born 10 years later.
Perhaps, on the set, he loved Albert Finney and Ben Gazzarra. She died of cancer in the snows and peaks of Tolochenaz, Switzerland, on January 20, 1993. Next to her was her partner Robert Wolser , Dutch, actor and younger than her by seven years.
Audrey Hepburn: famous phrases
- I am deeply convinced that a smile is the most beautiful accessory a woman can wear
- The most important thing is to enjoy life. Trying to be happy is all that matters
- To have beautiful eyes, look for the goodness in others. To have charming lips, he utters kind words. And for poise, she walks with the knowledge that you are never alone
- The beauty of a woman does not depend on her clothes or on her physical appearance. Not even the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be perceived in her eyes, because they are the door to her heart. Which is the seat of love
- Elegance is the only form of beauty that never fades
- I know I have more sex appeal on the tip of my nose than many other women in their entire body. Mine can’t be seen from afar, but it’s there
- I heard these words: “Happiness is having good health and a short memory!”. I wish I had said this sentence. It really is true
- They say that the dress does not make the monk. But fashion has often given me the confidence I needed.
- I personally depend on Givenchy as American women depend on their psychiatrist.
- I love who makes me laugh. Laughing is my favorite thing. for me it is really the best cure for many ailments
- Paris is always a good idea
Commitment to children, right down to the last breath
Until the end she had been among the children in Africa and the Hollywood stars . Colon cancer had spread. Her latest film is Steven Spielberg’s Always . The director wanted her all in white, with a bun, her eyes smiling melancholy. Audrey Hepburn ‘s last role was that of an angel. He too , Steven Spielberg, at the time said that she was already the one … Lady Diana & all the very busy celebs are descended from her …
The films: Sabrina, Arianna and all the others
When I feel nostalgic, I refer to it in Billy Wilder’s Arianna (the same as Sabrina ), the film in which she locks herself up every afternoon in a room at the Ritz Hotel in Paris. He arrives with the double bass case, but we know very well that when he closes the door, with Gary Cooper he does something else.
But every now and then I also need a full immersion of her and William Holden . Billy Wilder, also him, said they were the most beautiful and impossible couple in Hollywood . He had brought them together on Sabrina ‘s set (he was Humphrey Bogart’s beautiful and stupid brother). They had fallen in love: but he was married (he would have divorced …) and moreover he could not have children. She who absolutely wanted them, married Mel Ferrer who gave her Sean, but from whom she divorced …
Audrey Hepburn and William Holden filmed Sabrina and Insieme in Paris . In real life, in love they were not happy… Here you can read Amica ‘s article in which Mel Ferrer reveals the secrets of his then wife. It is 1962 and Audrey Hepburn is the most famous actress in the world .
How did Audrey Hepburn die?
Audrey Hepburn (like Katharine: Hollywood was big enough to afford two stars of the same name , but think about it?) Died in her sleep. Between the mountains and Lake Geneva. She was 63 and had won two Oscars (one for Roman Holiday , the other for humanitarian work).
Her ex-husbands, her partner, children, Roger Moore and Alain Delon greeted her. Hubert de Givenchy and UNICEF, of which she was ambassador for Africa and Latin America. Soon after her, her son Sean founded the Audrey Hepburn Children’s Fund .